When it comes to staying fit, feeling energetic and keeping your body healthy, there are few things better for you than strength training. Now when you think of strength training, you probably envision thickly muscled bodybuilders and may quickly determine that this type of exercise is not for you. Don’t worry–regular strength training will not turn you into a cartoon superhero. However, strength training is an important part of an overall fitness program and there are plenty of ways to start simply and work your way up.
Here are some of the main reasons why you should incorporate strength training into your weekly regimen.
- Increased energy… Not only does strength training increase your energy levels, it also improves your ability to perform daily activities. You will be able to work harder and longer with more energy!.
- Improves bone density… One of the best ways you can control bone loss as you age is to add strength training into your workout plan.
- Promotes fat-free body mass… The lean muscle mass that we all work so hard for decreases with age. If we don’t add strength training to our routine then it will contribute to muscle-wasting.
- Decreases risk of injury… It increases the strength of connective tissue, muscles, and tendons. This leads to improved motor performance and decreased injury risk.
- Quality of Life… It improves your quality of life as you gain body confidence. Strength training will not only make you strong, but will also help with managing your weight by providing lots of calorie-busting energy from more muscles.
Most experts recommend strength training a few days per week for peak benefits. Remember to include a rest day in between sessions. In no time, you’ll be reaping the benefits of strength training and get even closer to your health and fitness goals.
Copyright: 123RF Stock Photo