Verify your insurance by filling out the form below:
Will my insurance cover the procedure? Can I use out of network benefits? How much will this cost me?
These are just a few of the many questions we get about insurance. Everyone’s insurance is different, even if the carrier is the same. It’s important to understand what your specific insurance covers, and our team of experts is here to assist you every step of the way. Start your journey today!
- Fill out the form on this page or call us at (702) 463-3300.
- We will contact your insurance company to outline your benefits.
- In one to two business days we will contact you with options. It’s that simple!
*All info is kept confidential and used solely by Blossom Bariatrics. By clicking submit you are opting to be contacted via email, phone and text messaging for reminders and/or any services we provide.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my insurance cover the procedure?
Since everyone’s insurance is different, even if they have the same carrier, it’s not a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer. Our benefits and eligibility specialists work hand in hand with you and your insurance to determine your benefits and if your procedure is covered.
Can I use out of network benefits?
We explore all avenues possible when checking your insurance eligibility and we have great success with obtaining approval for Out of Network benefits! Depending on each individuals plan, this option may be the best for you!
How much will this cost me?
Once an insurance approval is obtained, we will outline all costs associated with your procedure so you have a good idea of what your ‘out of pocket’ totals will be!
OUT OF NETWORK BILL OF RIGHTS
YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW YOUR BENEFITS Your insurance company is required to disclose all of your benefits to you. Insurance will send an exaggerated itemized form to intimidate you.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE YOUR BENEFITS You’ve paid your premiums, you can use all of your benefits. You cannot be denied your benefits that are available.
YOU CANNOT BE THREATENED Your policy cannot be cancelled for using your benefits. You will receive phone calls saying you can’t use your out of network benefits.
YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO CHARITY CARE Using your out of network benefits is often less expensive. We were able to provide over $1 million in Charity Care in 2015.*
Will My Insurance Pay for My Surgery?
Most people have a hard time understanding what their insurance plans cover. Many insurance companies will cover your weight loss surgery. At Blossom Bariatrics we offer a comprehensive look at your insurance coverage and even offer out-of-network coverage. However, it can be difficult and time consuming to obtain authorization. To streamline the process, we provide you with a financial consultant who is a trained insurance and authorization specialist. Insurance coverage varies from client to client and from employer to employer. This is why it’s important to work with a specialist.
Pricing for each procedure depends on many variables, and our financial consultant will walk you through all of the costs associated with your procedure. We are confident that when you compare our costs and benefits with those of other providers you will agree that Blossom Bariatrics offers the best value in the nation.
What Insurance Does Blossom Bariatrics Accept?
We accept almost all private insurance policies including out-of-network. Please contact us for details. Unfortunately, we do NOT accept Amerigroup. Some insurance companies do NOT cover bariatric procedures.
If My Insurance Covers the Procedure, What Do I Do Next?
Each company’s insurance coverage is different. Although the company may pay for the surgery, “criteria,” or specific steps, must be followed by the client before the company pays for it. Some of the general requirements include:
- BMI (body mass index) of 35 or higher
- Diet history (including dates and failed diets)
- Documented weight for at least two to five years
- Medical conditions related to obesity
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Surgical clearance (EKG & labs)
- Three to six months of observed medical weight loss by a bariatric surgeon
Keep in mind that the price of our procedures include the following:
- Pre-Operative Consultation
- Post-Operative Appointment
- Nutrition Class
- Psychological Evaluation
- Facility Fees
- Surgeon Fees
- Anesthesia Fees
- Clearfast (cutting-edge pre-surgical beverage)
- IV Therapy (One bag of IV fluids along with a Myer’s Cocktail. The Myer’s cocktail is for treatment of Malnutrition, Vitamin Deficiency and Fatigue)
Additional cost, not covered are:
- Pre-Operative labs, EKG and surgical clearance*
- Post-Operative prescription medications
- Protein Shakes and Vitamins
- Hotel & Transportation – We offer a free medical concierge service for our travelling clients. Click Here for more information
* Pre-Operative labs, EKG and surgical clearance are necessary prior to your arrival to ensure you are healthy enough for surgery! This is usually covered by your medical insurance.