Focus on loving yourself!
A lot of us are not very good at loving ourselves and treating ourselves with the care and affection that we give to others. Here are a few tips to get you started on showering yourself with love!
- Thank your body for what it does for you. Thank your legs for allowing you to walk, fish, shop, or travel. Thank your arms for the ability to hug your friends and family. Get creative and write a love note to your body for all the wonderful things it has allowed you to do.
- Allow yourself joy, and examine your beliefs about what it means to be happy. Sometimes our old beliefs (that no longer make sense in our current lives) hang on. Take a look at them, and make changes where needed. It’s OK to be happy.
- Say affirmations about how wonderful you are, and mean them. Start with 5 things that you want to feel more strongly about yourself, and say them out loud every day. When you can say them into a mirror and believe them, start a new list.
- Wear your special occasion clothes on any old day. Go grocery shopping in your finest outfit, and feel amazing!
- Move your body. Stretch it with yoga or strengthen it with weights. Did you know that moving your body 20 minutes a day, three days a week as effective as taking antidepressant medications? A drastically improved mood is well worth the effort!
No matter how you go about it, when you take the time to love yourself and appreciate your body, others around you will notice. Not only will you be a happier version of yourself, but you will also increase your sense of self worth. As the season of ‘summer lovin’ comes to a close, this year have a love affair with yourself!
Copyright: 123RF Stock Photo