The Irish are known to be lucky, but you don’t have to be Irish to be the luckiest person you know. You can change your luck! Here are some tips on how to feel lucky in life:
- Keep a gratitude journal. Write three things down, each day, that you are grateful for. This boosts feelings of joy and luck!
- Act upon chance activities. Go with the opportunities that life throws at you. Be open to new experiences, and say YES! to anyone who offers a chance to get out and do something a little out of your comfort zone.
- Be prepared to deviate from your plans. Lucky people often break their routine. Spontaneity is your friend when it comes to being lucky.
- Expect good fortune. Optimists are certain that their futures are going be full of good luck. They look for it in all places, notice it when it happens, and persist in the face of failure.
- Turn bad luck into good luck! Bad things happen to all of us. Don’t dwell on the bad fortune. Instead, practice looking for the silver lining, or try to find some meaning behind a misfortune. Lucky people find the good in almost any situation.
- Relax! People that are tense or anxious miss the unexpected. In one study, scientists asked people to count the number of photographs in a newspaper. On the second page, there was a large headline that said “Stop counting, there are 43 photographs in the newspaper.” The lucky ones spotted it, and stopped counting, while the non-lucky ones missed the headline altogether. The researchers found that the unlucky group was more anxious, which appeared to get in the way of noticing the unexpected.
Copyright: 123RF Stock Photo