Weight Loss Surgery
What Is It?
Gastric sleeve is performed laparoscopically and removes approximately 80 percent of the client’s stomach along the greater curvature, leaving only a long tube (or “sleeve”) for the new – much smaller – stomach pouch. The new stomach pouch is then stapled, and the small intestine is left intact. As the removed portion of the stomach is where the hunger-stimulating hormone ghrelin is produced, we essentially rid you of hunger.
Why Gastric Sleeve?
- Performed laparoscopically as an outpatient surgery
- Avoids the technical and long-term difficulties of the gastric bypass
- No maintenance problems or artificial implants like those associated with gastric banding
- Weight loss is comparable to that of the gastric bypass
- The hunger hormone, ghrelin, is virtually eliminated
- Significant improvements in diabetes, hypertension and sleep apnea
- Recommended by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Blossom Bariatrics in Las Vegas, Nevada, is home to nationally renowned, board-certified and fellowship-trained surgeon, Dr. Tom Umbach. With more than 15 years of specialized experience in gastric bypass and gastric sleeve, Dr. Umbach has been named one of the “Nation’s Leading Bariatric Surgeons” and “Best Healthcare Consultants.” Together with his compassionate staff, Dr. Umbach attracts clients worldwide with unparalleled pre- and post-operative support, unmatched pricing, a convenient location and world-class expertise.