Fall is here, and with it–all things pumpkin! This delicious Thai Pumpkin soup is so rich that no one will even know that it doesn’t contain cream, and didn’t take hours to cook! Add this to your 30-minute meal list to be enjoyed on a crisp fall evening!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 15 oz. can Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 to 4 cups chicken broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Sauté the onion and garlic 3 to 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the curry powder and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the pumpkin, peanut butter, broth, and ½ tsp salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pureé the soup in a blender, making sure to vent the lid while pulsing to release the steam from the container.
- Pour the soup back into the pan and heat before serving. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe courtesy: bariatriceating.com
Photo courtesy: crumbcoatedlife.com