Fresh Strawberry Tarts are a most impressive dessert for the least amount of effort – and just in time for Easter! Don’t be afraid of the calories and use real half and half and an electric beater to whip up the filling. No one will ever know it is instant pudding! Delicious!
Fresh Strawberry Tarts
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
- Pre-made tart shells, phyllo or shortbread, readily available in frozen case or baking section
- Jell-O Instant Sugar Free Pudding, choose vanilla, cheesecake or lemon
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla, or 2 teaspoons Amaretto or dark rum
- Fresh dark red strawberries, sliced (you can also use banana, kiwi, or other berries)
- Prepare the pudding as per package directions and chill.
- Ten minutes before serving, spoon pudding into tart shells and arrange sliced berries starting around the outside and working your way to the inside ending in the middle with a small perfect berry!
- Spoon whipped cream on to the side of the dish next to the tart as you do not want to spoil the look of your beautiful creation.
Recipe and photo from www.bariatriceating.com