Who doesn’t love green bean casserole at Thanksgiving dinner? This recipe adapts the original Campbell’s recipe into a more bariatric-friendly dish. Enjoy!
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 tsp. soy sauce (or substitute salt)
- Dash ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 3 cans cut green beans
- 1/4 c. Greek Yogurt
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can stems & pieces mushrooms, drained
- 2/3 c. French’s® French Fried Onions (optional, you can also use slivered almonds instead)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together the soup, milk, Greek yogurt, soy sauce, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in 1 cup of the cheese, beans, and mushrooms, then pour the mixture into a 3-quart (microwave and oven safe) baking dish.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes, then stir. Heat for an additional minute or so, until the cheese is melted and casserole is completely heated through.
- Top with the reserved cup of cheese and fried onions (or slivered almonds) and microwave on high for about 2 minutes, until cheese melts and onions get crunchy.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the mixture, and then sprinkle with the remaining cup of cheese and the onions (or almonds). Bake for 5 more minutes or until the cheese is melted and onions are golden brown.
Recipe courtesy: bariatricfoodie.com
Photo courtesy: frenchs.com