Indulge your sweet tooth and get your protein too by using vanilla protein powder in the crust of these sweet pumpkin pie tarts!
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 21 min
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 Pumpkin Pie Quest Bar®
- 1/4 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 c. pumpkin puree
- 6 Tbsp. unsweetened Almond milk
- 1/4 c. zero-calorie sweetener
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 Tbsp. cold butter
- 2 Tbsp. oat flour
- 1 Tbsp. almond flour
- 1 Tbsp. cold water
- 1/2 Tbsp. zero calorie sweetener
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 3-inch tart molds
- In a microwave safe bowl, break up protein bar into pieces and add almond milk. Microwave for 1 minute.
- In a blender, combine melted mixture, protein powder, pumpkin pureé and sweetener. Blend for 10 seconds or until smooth.
- Refrigerate for ten minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut butter into cubes.
- In a medium bowl add protein powder, butter, oat flour, almond flour, water, sweetener, and salt. Knead until dough is formed.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from wrapping and cut into four equal parts, place into molds.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Remove shells from molds and invert onto a nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 6 minutes.
- Divide filling into tart shells, bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Recipe and photo courtesy: questnutrition.com