Combine your leftover turkey and veggies with a simple gravy and enjoy your own crustless bariatric friendly version of turkey pot (no) pie!
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 10 min
Yields: 4 servings
- 1/2 c. lowfat milk
- 3/4 c. leftover gravy, white wine, broth or water
- 1 envelope Knorr Classic Roasted Turkey or Chicken Gravy Mix
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2-1/2 c. cooked turkey (or rotisserie chicken), cubed
- 2 c. frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- Combine the milk, broth, Knorr Gravy Mix, thyme and pepper in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until thick and smooth.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in turkey, vegetables, scallions, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 to 8 minutes until hot and bubbling.
- Stir in Parmesan.
- Serve in a deep bowl either naked or over split biscuits for those who are having them.
Recipe and photo courtesy: www.bariatriceating.com