Many patients have to understand they need to move around and get their metabolism going or they won’t be able to maintain pounds lost. It’s possible to gain 20 or 30 pounds in a blink once they are in the four or seven or ten month or years post-op zone. Understanding that nothing is automatic or forever and doing something to prevent tragic regain is important NOW, but you have to move.
Some folks think that if they had weight loss surgery it would fix things and they would never need to worry again, but we know that’s just not true. Surgery gives a Free Pass to get out from under the weight, but now it’s up to everyone to preserve that gift or it goes away. Here are some ideas to create an easy fitness plan:
- Get up right now and walk around your office.
- Jump up and down for 20 seconds. It’s a lot longer time than you realize.
- Take the stairs.
- Stand up from your chair and sit down again 30 times every 30 minutes.
- Turn on a Michael Jackson song and DANCE.
- Buy a really cool pair of Skechers that you absolutely love!
It has been proven that it does NOT take two hours a day or even ONE hour a day for exercise… 20 minutes of intervals, meaning 30 seconds of movement 30 seconds of rest for 20 minutes, total does the body as much good as an hour of steady slow pace and will get the scale moving in the right direction. A New Year’s fitness resolution can happen right in your home!