Need a quick way to satisfy your pumpkin craving? A healthy alternative to Halloween sweets, these mini muffins are sure to scare off that sweet tooth!
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 15 min
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup zero-calorie sweetener
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 8 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 6 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup zero-calorie sweetener
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix whey protein powder, almond flour, sweetener, pumpkin-pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a second medium bowl, mix pumpkin purée, applesauce, egg, egg white, and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and whisk until completely combined.
- In a medium bowl, add whey protein powder, cream cheese, sour cream, sweetener, and vanilla extract.
- With a hand-mixer, mix on medium speed until thick and fluffy.
- Line a mini muffin tray with 20 parchment liners. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Fill liners with batter 3⁄ 4 full.
- In a sealable plastic bag, add frosting, and cut corner for piping.
- Insert tip of piping bag halfway into center of each muffin and pipe cream cheese filling until it reaches the top of muffin.
- Place muffin tray in oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool muffins for 15 minutes.
- Once muffins have cooled, pipe remaining frosting on top. Finish with one pumpkin seed, and serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy: questnutrition.com