- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Hellmann’s mayonnaise or mix half Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- ¼ pound cooked shrimp finely chopped
- 3 scallions, finely minced, including tender green tops
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill – if you are not using fresh, do not use dried (ugh)
- Place eggs in a covered pan just large enough for a single layer. Add room temperature water to cover the eggs by about one inch.
- Place pot on high heat and when the water just begins to boil, cook for 1 minute. Turn off the heat, cover the pot and let the eggs stand in the pot for 15 minutes. Drain the eggs, shake them in the pan to crack the shells and plunge them into an ice-water bath to cool for a few minutes.
- Neatly split eggs lengthwise and remove yolks to a medium bowl. Mash yolks with fork until fine textured and fluffy. Add mayonnaise, mustard, Old Bay, shrimp, half of the scallions, dill and blend well.
- Using a small metal ‘ice cream’ scoop, portion the filling into the egg white halves. Sprinkle with Old Bay and garnish with remaining scallions and a sprinkling of fresh dill. Cover platter and chill.
Recipe and photo from www.bariatriceating.com