Zoodles Alfredo? It’s a zucchini… it’s a noodle… it’s a zoodle! This twist on classic alfredo will have your taste buds dancing for joy as the simple flavors mixed with the zucchini create the perfect combination.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- ½ cup part skim milk ricotta
- ½ cup grated Parmesan, Romano, or Locatelli cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into strips, noodles, zoodles, rounds, or strips
- Crushed red pepper
- In a bowl or food processor blend ricotta, Parmesan, ¼ teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, saute the garlic in the olive oil until lightly golden. Add zucchini noodles and toss over medium high heat until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, along with a pinch of crushed red pepper. Remove pan from heat.
- Add the cheese mixture to the pan and carefully fold in as it softens and melts. Add additional salt and pepper to taste if needed.
Recipe courtesy: Susan Maria Leach for BariatricEating.com
Photo courtesy: dinner-mom.com