Sweet breads don’t have to be on the no-no list if you use approved ingredients! Coconut and almond flours combined with applesauce, almond milk and protein powder and the key ingredients to this delicious seasonal bread.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 40 min
- 4 scoops vanilla flavored whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup zero-calorie sweetener
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium zucchinis
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, add whey protein powder, sweetener, coconut flour, almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg, and stir.
- Add eggs, applesauce, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Using a hand mixer, mix on low speed until well combined.
- Finely grate zucchinis onto a cutting board.
- Using a clean dish towel, squeeze out liquid from the zucchini so it measures 1 packed cup. Discard liquid and any extra zucchini.
- Stir zucchini into the batter.
- Spray an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cut and serve.
Recipe courtesy: questnutrition.com
Photo courtesy: theeightytwentyrule